Center for Organismal Studies
University of Heidelberg
Im Neuenheimer Feld 230 – 2nd Floor
Phone : +49 6221 54 6456
Fax: +49 6221 54 6424
email : email@example.com
To reach the lab by public transportation:
From the station (Heidelberg Hauptbahnhof), take trolley #24 or 21 (direction Handschusheim) and get off at Bunsengymnasium (~ 7mins). A map at the entrance of the campus will help you to locate our building (#230).
Heidelberg public transit map [PDF].
To reach the lab by foot (20mins):
From the station (Heidelberg Hauptbahnhof), walk along the main street toward the river (look for the big Horse sculpture in front of the Print Media Academy, and leave it on your right). Pass the river and keep on walking along the campus.
Heidelberg Hauptbahnhof (main station) is part of the ICE and IC/EC net of the German Rail.
Mannheim Hauptbahnhof is more frequently served by long distance train and connections with the S-Bahn (suburban trains) to Heidelberg Hauptbahnhof run every 15-20mins (Information: www.s-bahn-rheinneckar.de).
The A5/A6 autobahns, with their interconnected exits and feeder highways, serve much of the greater Rhine-Neckar region. The A5/A656 autobahns have exits leading directly to Heidelberg.
City Airport Mannheim (about 15 km away)
- Transfer Tram No. 5 gets you from the airport to Heidelberg (see www.vrn.de).
- Information about rental cars or taxis can be obtained at: www.flugplatz.mannheim.de
Frankfurt International Airport (about 80 km away)
- Airport Shuttle Service TLS: This shuttle service can be booked by individuals prior to departure. Call +49 (0)6221-1422-24/-26 or Fax +49 (0)6221-142222 or make your booking online here under Tourism-Tourist offers.
- Lufthansa Airport Bus: Departures directly from Terminal 1 in front of arrivals hall B. Pre-booking is recommended. Stops at the Crowne Plaza Hotel Heidelberg. Information: www.lufthansa-airportbus.de
- Deutsche Bahn: Trains depart for Heidelberg directly from the Fernbahnhof (long-distance train station) opposite Terminal 1, with a change of trains in Mannheim. Information: www.bahn.de
Stuttgart InternationalAirport (about 120 km away)
- With the S-Bahn direct to the Stuttgart main train station, which is part of the ICE, EC and IC network and connects to Heidelberg, journey time is about 50 minutes. Information: www.bahn.de
Frankfurt Hahn Airport (about 150 km away)
- The Hahn Express shuttle bus stops at Heidelberg’s main railway station. Information: www.hahn-express.de